Clients will experience their own customized massage designed to fit their needs. Different modalities will be utilized to relieve muscle tension and stress. Modalities may include a combination of the following:
- Relaxation/Swedish - One of the most commonly taught and well-known massage techniques, Swedish massage is a vigorous system of treatment designed to energize the body by stimulating circulation. Five basic strokes, all flowing toward the heart, are used to manipulate the soft tissues of the body. The disrobed client is covered by a sheet, with only the area being worked on exposed. Therapists use a combination of kneading, rolling, vibrational, percussive, and tapping movements, with the application of oil, to reduce friction on the skin. The many benefits of Swedish massage may include generalized relaxation, dissolution of scar tissue adhesions, and improved circulation, which may speed healing and reduce swelling from injury.
- Reflexology - Based on an ancient Chinese therapy, reflexology involves manipulation of specific reflex areas in the foot, hands, and ears that correspond to other parts of the body. Sometimes referred to as zone therapy, this bodywork involves application of pressure to these reflex zones to stimulate body organs and relieve areas of congestion. Similar to acupressure principles, reflexology works with the body’s energy flow to stimulate self-healing and maintain balance in physical function. This technique is used to reduce pain, increase relaxation, and stimulate circulation of blood and lymphatic fluids. It is especially useful in stress-related illness and emotional disorders.
- Myofascial Release - The three-dimensional application of sustained pressure and movement into the fascial system in order to eliminate fascial restrictions and facilitate the emergence of emotional patterns and belief systems that are no longer relevant or are impeding progress. First, an assessment is made by visually analyzing the human frame, followed by the palpation of the tissue texture of various fascial layers. Upon locating an area of fascial tension, gentle pressure is applied in the direction of the restriction. Myofascial release is an effective therapeutic approach in the relief of cervical pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, neurological dysfunction, restriction of motion, chronic pain, and headaches.
- Trigger Point Myotherapy - a noninvasive therapeutic modality for the relief and control of myofascial pain and dysfunction. The goal of treatment is the client’s recovery from or a significant reduction in myofascial pain. The treatment goal is achieved through a systematized approach. Treatment consists of trigger point compression, myomassage, passive stretching, and a regime of corrective exercises. Success may be measured subjectively by the level of pain reduction experienced by the client and objectively through increased range of motion, strength, endurance, and other measures of improved function. Trigger point myotherapy relies heavily on client-therapist interaction, including verbal and nonverbal elements. The myotherapist encourages the client to be personally responsible for their improvement, with attention to such factors as nutritional intake, stress, proper exercises, mechanical abnormalities, and other physical components. These elements protect the client from delayed diagnosis, delayed treatment, or contraindicated treatment, which are the concerns of first order. Trigger point myotherapy is an integrating approach to myofascial pain and dysfunction.
- Craniosacral Therapy - a gentle, noninvasive method of evaluating and enhancing the function of a physiological body arrangement called the craniosacral system. This manual therapy enhances the body’s natural healing processes and has proven effective in treating a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction. The roots of this therapy are in cranial osteopathy. The craniosacral system consists of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. It extends from the bones of the skull, face, and mouth--which make up the cranium--down to the sacrum or tailbone. Since this system influences the development and function of the brain and spinal cord, any imbalance or dysfunction in the craniosacral system could cause sensory, motor, or neurological disabilities. These problems may include chronic pain, eye difficulties, scoliosis, motor-coordination impairments, learning disabilities, and other dysfunctions of the central nervous system. Craniosacral therapy encourages the body’s natural healing mechanisms to improve the functioning of the central nervous system, dissipate the negative effects of stress, and enhance health and resistance to disease. The craniosacral therapy practitioner uses a light touch to assist the natural movement of fluid within the craniosacral system. Therapists generally use only five grams of pressure, roughly the weight of a nickel, to test for restrictions in various parts of the craniosacral system. It’’s often possible for the evaluation alone to remove the restriction and allow the system to correct itself.
- Lymph Drainage Therapy - (LDT) is unique in that healthcare professionals learn how to palpate the lymphatic flow. As they develop their skills, they can then identify the rhythm, direction, and quality of the lymphatic flow. Advanced practitioners will be able to precisely map the lymphatic flow to find alternate pathways for drainage.
- Lomilomi - This system of massage utilizes very large, broad movements. Two-handed, forearm, and elbow application of strokes, which cover a broad area, is characteristic of lomilomi. This system uses prayer and the acknowledgment of the existence of a higher power as an integral part of the technique. Lomilomi--Hawaiian for rub rub--is described by teacher Aunty Margaret Machado as the loving touch--a connection between heart, hand, and soul with the source of all life. Oils are used in the application of cross-fiber friction techniques. The practitioner often uses the forearm and elbow in the application of pressure.
- Building Intimacy - This massage was designed to build intimacy in the relationship setting aside time for each person to focus attention on the other. This massage session is with one therapist and each client will be assisting the therapist with their partner’s massage which will enhance the experience and relationship. Both massages can be done in the same service or they can take turns and change focus to the other person at the next appointment.
Massages – Upgraded Techniques
- Aromatherapy can be added to enhance your experience - The use of essential oils (extracted from herbs, flowers, resin, woods, and roots) in body and skin care treatments is known as aromatherapy. Used as a healing technique for thousands of years by the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans, essential oils aid in relaxation, improve circulation, and help the healing of wounds. Aromatherapy diffusers are utilized to fill the massage room with the scent of the oils. Specific essential oils are blended by the aromatherapist and added to a carrier oil, such as almond oil, to be used during the massage. Each oil has its own unique characteristics and benefits.
- Sports Massage/Deep Tissue - Techniques that utilize deep-tissue/deep-muscle massage are administered to affect the sub-layer of musculature and fascia. These techniques require advanced training and a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology. The muscles must be relaxed in order to effectively perform deep-tissue massage, otherwise tight surface muscles prevent the practitioner from reaching deeper musculature. It helps with chronic muscular pain and injury rehabilitation and reduces inflammation-related pain caused by arthritis and tendinitis. It is generally integrated with other massage techniques.
- Hot Stone Massage - Stones of all shapes and sizes and varying temperatures, ranging from zero to 140 degrees, are used during the stone massage to elicit physical healing, mental relaxation, and a spiritual connection to earth energy. Warm stones encourage the exchange of blood and lymph and provide soothing heat for deep-tissue work. Cold stones aid with inflammation, moving blood out of the area, and balancing male/female energies. Stones are placed in varying positions on the body for energy balancing or may be used by the therapist for specific trigger-point work. The alternating heat and cold of thermotherapy brings the entire body into the healing process, with a rapid exchange of blood and oxygen and alternating rise and fall of respiration rate as the body seeks homeostasis.
- Raindrop Therapy Massage - The Raindrop Technique is a method of using Vita Flex, reflexology, massage techniques, etc., and essential oils applied on various locations of the body to bring it structural and electrical alignment. It is designed to bring balance to the body with its relaxing and mild application. It will help align the energy centers of the body and release them if blocked
Massages for Couples
- Couples massages are specialized back to back. EX: client is relaxing during a foot soak and reading or having quiet time while their spouse /significant other is getting a massage ,or one client can be receiving an ERST Session while other client is getting a massage, or both clients can do ERST Sessions.
Other Massage Offerings
- Children’s Massages – Let’s keep them happy & healthy! Doterra Essential Oil Classes compliment learning how to massage your infant/toddler with the correct essential oils.
- Chair Massages – When time may be limited, I am offering a 20 minute chair massage.
These services utilize hydrotherapy which dramatically increases the elimination of waste, thus assisting detoxification, loosens tense, tight muscles and encourages relaxation, increases the metabolic rate and digestion activity, hydrates the cells and improves skin and muscle tone, boosts the immune system, and improves the function of the internal organs by stimulating their blood supply.
- Beautiful Face Massage - This massage will surely put a smile on your face as you enjoy a face massage with hot stones, cold stones, hot towels, and aromatherapy while therapist uses Ancient Chinese Beauty Secrets. (30 min or 1 hour service)
- Heavenly Hands Massage - This hand massage is a perfect introduction to massage and spa services using hot stones, hot towels and aromatherapy. (30 min or 1 hour service)
- Thankful Feet - This massage is a reflexology massage and foot scrub. Legs and feet are steamed with hot towels. Legs and feet are gently massaged with essential oils and left feeling unbelievably refreshed and silky. (30 min or 1 hour service)
- Combination Spa Service - This service combines 30 minutes of the “Beautiful Face Massage” with the 30 minute “Thankful Feet” massage using steamed towels on face, arms, legs and feet beginning with lavender oil and ending with lavender foot scrub and essential oils. (1 hour service)
- Beautiful Face and Full Body massage - Enjoy a one hour full body massage followed by the one hour “Beautiful Face Massage.” This massage is the ultimate relaxation massage and favorite of many. (2 hour service)
Emotional Release Sound Therapy
Describe your new service here
Emotional Release Sound Therapy is a holistic technique that removes stress , negative thoughts, fears, phobias etc... with sound instantly and has been life changing for many clients. Call to hear about testimonials from clients who are smoke free, stress free, no more anxiety,etc... More information can be found on our website at erst-int.com
My ERST clients range from 1.5 years old to 90 years old.